So I have done a few modifications to my color palette for the outside enclosure. I went to Home Depot to pick up some white MDF. However I ran into a bit of an issue. They only had two sheets and both had some serious damage to them. Well crap. So I as I am standing there contemplating what I could do, such as try to work around the damage, I saw the black chalkboard MDF. I figured that it would work. Plus I can totally design something to go on the sides that’ll go with my designs. I got a little excited about this.
Now last weekend I went to D.C. so I lost a weekend and found myself a little behind where I wanted to be by now. It was my choice to go and now I am working on playing catch up so that I will be all set up and ready to go come the 14th of Dec.
Here is what I have been up to this week (and last week too):
- I got all my materials. I am only waiting on the aluminum beam I ordered and the fins so that I can make a heatsink and holder for the diode.
- I cut all of my wooden pieces for the interior structure. However I noticed I missed one 1.5×1.5×7 wooden beam.
- I set up a “To Do” list of what I still need to accomplish.
- I sanded down the 8 inch wood beams so that they were all the same length.
- I changed up the outer encasement. I think I need to do a small amount of sanding on two pieces of the encasement though. More for aesthetics than anything.
- I got a general prototyping of the wiring set up.
- I am farming out my 3D printing a little due to lack of access to the one in the classroom. Too many other people are printing big projects.
- I did some minor adjustments to the layout of my printer to increase access and efficiency.
- I updated the cost list (http://wp.me/p7bWCf-a5)
Things I need to do:
- Cut my 5/16th rods to the appropriate length.
- Cut one more 1.5×1.5×7 wooden beam.
- Drill holes in the 1.5×1.5×8 wooden beams for the rods to fit into.
- Assemble the interior.
- Assemble the exterior.
- Get the 3D printed pieces back.
- Finish setting up the prototyping wiring.
- Get coding set up.
- test coding with prototyped wiring.
- Finish prepping files for etching.
- Cut one inch off of the aluminum beam
- drill 5/16th inch hole in the center of the square
- attach heatsink fins
I am sure there is more, but that’s really all I am able to think of right now.