We are attempting to create a place to rest. Not a necessarily a chair, but something.
- Uses existing typography
- Lightweight materials
- Flat pack transportation
- easy to assemble
- strong sturdy connections
- On a beach (maybe a rocky one)
- In the woods
- In an urban environment
- A front porch
- A backyard
Where we are going to put it will greatly impact the design of the object itself.
- Average home relaxer (My mom works for this because she has some specific needs because of her bad knees)
Other things to consider
- Comfort (can larger people use it?)
- How long is it intended to be used?
- Will it sink into soft ground?
- Once it goes up is it a permanent structure, or should it be able to be folded up for storage?
- Is it affordable to make/maintain?
- Can one person set it up?
- What climates can it be used in?
- Does it only need to do one thing, or can it have multiple functions?
Some ideas for what other people have created.
Some preliminary sketches of ideas.